Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Unless expressly stated otherwise the following definitions shall apply to the terms used in these terms and conditions:
(1) The Bushcraft Show is a trading name of Purpleheart Wood Ltd whose Correspondence Address is: Purpleheart Wood Ltd. 15b GF Imex Business Centre, Shobnall Road, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 2AU. Registered Office: 8 Morston Court, Blakeney Way, Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 8JB, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales, Cardiff 27 Mar 2015. Company No. 09514040 (hereinafter referred to as "TBS").
(2) Applications are processed online via the TBS Events instance of the PAAM Event Management Software (hereinafter referred to as "TBS PAAM").
(3) When working with TBS all volunteers and employees must sign-in and out at the TBS info point at the agreed Event Specific Sign-In time and Date. The event specific sign-in time and date hereinafter referred to as "ESSID".
(4) Following application via TBS PAAM and after paying a deposit; if you are allocated a position via TBS PAAM and you wish to cancel, you must cancel the position both in writing (post and/or email) and by cancelling the position via the cancel function within your TBS PAAM account (hereinafter referred to as "CANCEL" "CANCELLED"; "CANCELLATION"; "CANCELLING").
If you have any queries regarding TBS Terms and Conditions you are advised to contact TBS in writing before submitting your application and paying your deposit.
By completing and submitting an application you are agreeing to abide by the TBS:
1. Terms and Conditions;
2. Code of Conduct;
3. Code of Practice;
4. Policies and Procedures;
5. Client Rules and Regulations.
By completing and submitting an application you are agreeing to the submission of your email address to the TBS newsletter and TBS PAAM account notifications database.
By completing and submitting an application you are agreeing that any photographs; video; sound recordings taken of you or by you may be used by TBS and the clients of TBS for any promotional purposes.
By completing and submitting an application you are agreeing that for the safety of the general public prior to arrival onsite your personal details may be passed to the police to allow for a Police National Computer (PNC) check and/or Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check to be performed.
By completing and submitting an application you are agreeing that if your conduct is deemed less than satisfactory by TBS; you will be blacklisted thus unable to apply for further positions with TBS and, that this information will be passed to the Show organiser and via the show organiser to their suppliers, contractors and other festival and event organisers.
When working as an employee of TBS you are working under a fixed term employment contract. The specifics of positions with TBS vary dependent on the event and role. The initial briefing and training sessions at each event form part of your employment contract, as does your agreement to work with TBS for the duration of the event. Any failure on the employeeâ€˜s part to meet with their terms of employment; the TBS Terms and Conditions; the TBS Code of Conduct; the TBS Code of Practice; the TBS Policies and Procedures; TBS Clientâ€˜s Rules and Regulations; will result in forfeit of any remuneration and deposit paid; the requirement to pay any costs to TBS that may have been incurred; including, but not limited to the cost of attendance at the show; the employee being blacklisted.
Borders and Immigration - proving your right to work and volunteer in the UK
To undertake unpaid voluntary work, as well as paid work in the UK, you have to have the right to work either through your citizenship or a work visa. Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act of 2006 TBS is required to check your right to work before we can allow you to start working on the festival site.
This means that before you can start working with us, you will need to produce documentation to prove you have this right. If you do not produce this documentation, we cannot let you work or volunteer with us. The list of valid proof of right to work is produced by the UK Border Agency not by TBS and these are the ONLY documents that will be accepted by TBS. We need to see the original documents which means you need to bring them to the event site. We also need to hold a copy of the documents.
If you hold either a UK or European Economic Area/Swiss passport or a non UK/EEA passport with a valid visa showing your right to work/volunteer in the UK this is acceptable proof.
If you do not have a passport, we can accept a long birth certificate AND either your National Insurance card or an official document from a previous employer with your NI number clearly shown.
A UK Driving Licence IS NOT valid as proof even in combination with a birth certificate or NI card.
We are required by law to store a scanned copy of your documents for at least two years after you have finished working or volunteering with us. We will keep your documents securely on encrypted disks, stored in a secure safe and on the highly secure PAAM servers. We will not share your documents with any third parties other than UK Borders and we will destroy them in an appropriate manner after the two years is up.
For more information please see the documents available via the link below.
The most useful is the summary guidance for employers December 2010 which includes the full list of valid documents.
Paying a deposit does not guarantee your position at an event; applications are assessed and positions allocated after a deposit has been paid.
Your deposit will be withheld and you will be blacklisted if you:
Do not complete all of your allocated shifts;
Lose any uniform and/or equipment allocated to you*;
Miss your onsite briefing/s;
Do not sign in onsite by the ESSID and do not CANCEL at least 20 calendar days** prior to the ESSID.
Do not produce documents to prove your right to work and/or volunteer in the UK as detailed within the Borders and Immigration section of the Terms and Conditions.
Breach the TBS Terms & Conditions;
Breach the TBS Policies & Procedures;
Breach the TBS Code of Conduct;
Breach the TBS Code of Practice;
Breach any TBS Client Rules and Regulations.
*For uniform and equipment losses and/or damage TBS may only withhold part of your deposit; dependant on the value of the uniform/equipment lost/damaged.
**For example 20 calendar days prior to 16:00 on Wednesday the 21st August would be 16:00 on Thursday the 1st August.
If you are blacklisted by TBS you have the right to appeal; any appeal should be made in writing to TBS.
If you apply to work at an event within the 20 day CANCELLATION period e.g. where the ESSID for the event is less than 20 days away; you forfeit your right to CANCEL. If you apply to work at an event where the ESSID is less than 20 days away then either CANCEL or do not CANCEL and do not sign in onsite by the ESSID; your deposit will be withheld and you will be blacklisted.
Deposits are returned within 14days after the show ends via the same method the deposit was originally received and if necessary posted to the address within your TBS PAAM account at the time of return.
TBS takes no responsibility for any delay in returning deposits caused by postal services or an incorrect address in TBS PAAM.
When returning deposits paid to TBS in any currency other than GBP the return will be less any international transaction and currency conversion fees.
You can find out more about deposit payment methods on the payment page of TBS PAAM.
If you do not gain a position due to failing a PNC and/or CRB check your deposit will be returned.
If you pay a deposit and CANCEL all applications and positions between 20 and 55 calendar days prior to the ESSID of the first event applied to; your deposit will be returned within 14 days.
If you pay a deposit and CANCEL all applications and positions 56 or more calendar days prior to the ESSID of the first event applied to; subject to a Â£20.00 GBP administration fee you will be eligible for an early deposit return. Early deposit returns are processed on a monthly basis and need to be requested in writing (post and/or email).
If you require a duplicate cheque to be sent due to not keeping your postal address up-to-date in TBS PAAM; losing a cheque; not cashing a cheque; allowing a cheque to expire; this will be subject to an additional Â£12.50 GBP administration fee.
If you apply to work at more than one event; complete your shifts at one or more events; then CANCEL your positions at all future events at least 20 calendar days prior to the ESSID of each event applied to; your deposit will be returned within 14 days.
If you apply to work at more than one event; complete your shifts at one or more events; then CANCEL your position/s at one or more future events less than 20 calendar days prior to the ESSID of each event applied to; your deposit will be withheld and you will be blacklisted.
E.g. if you apply to work at two events, complete your shifts at the first event, then CANCEL the second event less than 20 calendar days prior to the eventâ€˜s ESSID, your deposit will be withheld and you will be blacklisted.
If you apply to work at more than one event and do not sign in onsite for the first event by the ESSID and do not CANCEL at least 20 calendar days prior to the first eventâ€˜s ESSID; your deposit will be withheld and you will be blacklisted.
You cannot move an application or position between events.
Employment Rights Act
The following information is a statement of the Terms and Conditions of employment under the employment rights act 1996.
1. You are required to carry out your roles and responsibilities as detailed in the job description and position specification.
2. Any previous employment with TBS or any other employer does not form part of a period of continuous employment. Each position is subject to a separate contract of service.
3. Your place of work will be the address of the event and is where you are required to work. Details will be given to you on CONFIRMATION of position.
4. Your employers correspondence address is the Purpleheart Wood Ltd. correspondence address.
5. You will be paid on the basis of an agreed rate per hour, shift, or event, or through volunteering your services. This rate will be agreed with you at the CONFIRMATION of each position.
6. There are no enhancements to stated rates for Weekends or Public Holidays.
7. Staff are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
8. Provision of meals or allowances are not negotiable and are paid under the discretion of the company directors.
9. Your remuneration will be paid to you as agreed at the CONFIRMATION of a position. Any payments are made in GBP using one of the following methods:
BACS to an account of the named individual member of staff;
Cheque made payable to the named individual member of staff.
An invoice or PAYE form and relevant tax form, expenses claim form and post event report must be received by TBS prior to any wages and/or expenses being paid. A personal invoice will not be paid by TBS unless a current Unique Tax Reference (UTR) is included on the invoice.
Hours of work
The hours of work are detailed in the event contract for each position.
Your employment is for a fixed period linked to each position.
Volunteers work the equivalent of 2 days (16 hours), which can be before, during or after the show as contracted. Shifts are generally 8 hours long (including breaks) but this can be discussed depending upon responsibilities; employee shifts are 8 to 12 hours long (including breaks) dependant on position and event; the time it takes you to sign-in and travel to and from your place of work is additional to your 8 hour shift.
Entitlement for holiday only applies to individuals who have been agreed an employment contract longer than 13 weeks.
In the case of incapacity for work you will forfeit any offer of employment; any allocated positions at current or future events; and receive no remuneration or benefits. This is due to the nature of the positions being for a fixed period.
TBS does not operate any pension schemes to employees contracted for a fixed period.
Your employment contract is for a fixed term and expires at the end of each position.
Your employment and CONFIRMATION of position are temporary and may be withdrawn at any time due to any of the following reasons:
1. TBS does not gain a contract of services at named event;
2. The named event does not take place or is cancelled;
3. You are in breach of the TBS Terms & Conditions; TBS Code of Conduct; TBS Policies and Procedures; TBS Client Rules and Regulations.
If you are dissatisfied with any disciplinary decision you should apply in the first instance to an Event Manager. You should make your application by speaking to the Event Manager who will document your conversation.
If you have a grievance about your employment you should apply in the first instance to a Director of SO Publications & Events. You should make your application in writing to the TBS correspondence address above.
Working on and access to sites
All TBS staff and volunteers must camp within the crew area specified by the eventâ€˜s Event Manager.
All TBS staff and volunteers will be issued with an appropriate pass. This pass will enable the wearer to access those areas relevant to the position and responsibilities allocated. When off-shift and where authorised by a License Holder (TBS) this pass may be used to access and participate in the eventâ€˜s public activities under the Terms and Conditions of the License. Any pass allocated will remain the property of the License Holder at all times.
Any pass is a functional tool TBS staff and volunteers are require to carry out their duties. Breaching any License Holders Terms & Conditions; Policies and Procedures; Code of Conduct; Rules and Regulations will also be a breach of your employment Terms and Conditions with TBS and result in the need to hand in the pass.
Code of Conduct
Unless expressly stated otherwise the following definitions shall apply to the terms used in this Code of Conduct:
TBS (The Bushcraft Show) is a trading name of Purpleheart Wood Ltd whose Correspondence Address is: Purpleheart Wood Ltd. 15b GF Imex Business Centre, Shobnall Road, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 2AU. Registered Office: 8 Morston Court, Blakeney Way, Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 8JB, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales, Cardiff 27 Mar 2015. Company No. 09514040 (hereinafter referred to as "TBS").
Code of Conduct
Any of the following including the aiding and abetting of others constitutes a breach of the TBS Terms and Conditions of employment and/or voluntary position.
1. Failure to comply with the TBS Terms and Conditions; Code of Conduct; Code of Practice; Instructions; Policies and Procedures and instructions of TBS clients.
2. Neglecting to complete a required task promptly and diligently, without sufficient cause.
3. Leaving a position without permission or without sufficient cause.
4. Making or signing any false statements, of any description.
5. Destroying, altering or erasing documents, records or electronic data without permission or through negligence.
6. Divulging matters confidential to TBS and/or its clients, either past or present, without permission.
7. Soliciting or receipt of gratuities or other consideration from any person, or failure to account for keys, money or property received in connection with the business of TBS or TBS clients.
8. Incivility to persons encountered in the course of duties or misuse of authority in connection with the business of TBS or TBS clients.
9. Conduct in a manner likely to bring discredit to TBS, a fellow employee, TBS clients, or TBS client's customers.
10. Use of uniform, equipment or identification without permission.
11. Reporting for duty under the influence of alcohol or restricted drugs, or use of these whilst on duty.
12. Failure to notify TBS immediately of any:
i. Conviction for a criminal and/or motoring offence;
ii. Indictment for any offence that may affect your work with TBS;
iii. Police caution or legal summons that may affect your work with TBS.
13. Permitting unauthorised access to premises; event site; place of work.
14. Carrying of equipment not issued as essential to an individual's role or duties, or use of a TBS client's and/or TBS client's customer's equipment or facilities without permission.
15. Not maintaining agreed standards of appearance; identification; and deportment whilst at work.
16. Make decisions or appear to be representing TBS without having sought guidance or direction from a TBS manager, unless following standard procedures that you have been made aware of in your training.